中英对照美文欣赏 | 一封献给你的公开信-当你悲伤或抑郁的时候

2024-05-04 15:16 来源: 高考学习网 本文影响了:901人

Hello,You look like you could use some help figuring some things out.

你好,你看起来需要一点帮助来理清一些事情。

Surely you must, or you wouldn't have been so compelled to click.

当然了,不然你也不会觉得非得点开这篇文章了。

So, let me start out by saying I'm glad you came here.

所以,就从让我说一句我非常开心你能来到这开始吧。

No, really.

不,真的。

I'm happy you would choose this lonely blog of all other lonely blogs, books or WebMDs out there.

我非常高兴你能够在诸多其他同样孤独的博客,书本,网页中选择这个孤独的博客。

You want to know why? Because you mean the world to me.

想知道为什么吗?因为对我而言你意味着整个世界。

I mean that.

我是认真的。

It sounds silly, right? Like it couldn't possibly be true! … yet it is.

听起来有点傻,是不是?像是简直不可能是真话!...然而的确是这样没错。

Because without you, the world as I, and they, and we know it, would cease to exist.

因为如果没有你,诸如我,这世界本身以及我们都很熟悉的世界,将会彻底消失不见。

You're that powerful. You may not know it yet.

你就是那么的强大。你可能现在还没有意识到。

I'll bet you've spent a good chunk of time wallowing.

我打赌你一定花了很多时间独自吞咽悲伤。

I can appreciate that.

我非常能够理解。

Perhaps staring off into the far nether-reaches of the corner of your wall, motionless, wordless, aimless.

你可能呆呆的盯着墙角最下方的边缘,一动不动的,安静的,失去了方向。

Perhaps you're so paralyzed by rumination and ruination that it takes you 15 minutes to decide if you’re going to take your shoes off and forego a run to the grocery store tonight.

你可能被忧思和毁灭感彻底打倒以至于要花15分钟的时间来决定脱掉鞋子今晚就不去杂货店了。

And then another 45 minutes of staring and contemplating, and suddenly it's too late to cook a sensible supper, and that choice has been made for you.

接着又花了45分钟发呆深思,突然发现已经过了做饭的时间点,而你已经做出了这样的选择。

Lord knows, I have been exactly there, too.

天知道,我也曾经如此,一模一样。

I'll bet you've got mail piling up inside your mailbox because it seems too daunting to confront the outside world right now.

我敢打赌你的邮箱里积满了邮件因为马上就开始面对外面的世界实在太让人畏惧。

That mailbox: just a container of expectations placed upon you by others, expectations you just can't be bothered with living up to right now.

邮箱:只是一个充满了积压在你身上的他人期待的容器罢了。而且还是你现在真的无法忍受的不胜其烦的期待。

You're tired. You're not right. You're not feeling it today.

你累了。你并不好。你今天就是感觉不好。

I feel that. I feel you.

我能感受到。我能感受你的内心。

Maybe you've been letting yourself go. Bit-by-bit, piece-by-piece, pound-by-pound.

或许你就这样放任自己,一点点,一些些,还有一块块掉下的体重。

Another Xanax at the end of a long day, washed down by a six-pack to lull you to sleep.

又一个以抗抑郁药结束的一天,伴随着六瓶一扎的啤酒才能让你平静入睡。

Another full bag of tortilla chips, dipped into a delicious queso dip.

蘸着美味的芝士酱,又吞掉满满一大包墨西哥玉米片。

I know.

我懂的。

Possibly, you're losing hope at work.

又或许,你已经对工作彻底失去希望。

You're getting older and wondering if you've plateaued professionally.

你变得越来越老,却在怀疑你是否达到了职业的高峰。

You were just passed over for that promotion in favor of that dude who shows up 20 minutes late every day, who spends his entire afternoons reading Buzzfeed and watching Fortnight tutorials from lunch until 5.

拜那个天天上班迟到20分钟,花一下午的时间看娱乐新闻并从5点就开始看堡垒之夜攻略的老兄所赐,你刚刚错过了升职。

Maybe you just lost your job.

或许你刚刚失业。

Maybe there isn't enough Jameson and ice cream in the world that will dull that pain.

或许全世界的尊美醇威士忌和冰激凌都不足够让你的痛苦消除。

I understand.

我明白的。

And what if you’re lonely?

又或许你很孤独呢?

All your friends moving on with their new found loves, all their brides and grooms and babies and playdates and kids and graduations and...

你所有的朋友都在和他们的新欢,他们的新娘新郎,新宝宝,新约会对象,孩子,毕业向前迈进...

and you just watch the highlights from your perch in front of a 17″ laptop screen or your smartphone, tuned in to every one of their happy life-affirming status updates expressing "gratitude" and "mindfulness" and hashtag-blessed and living-my-best-life.

你只能看着你面前17英寸的笔记本或者手机发出的亮光,了解他们每个人积极向上的近况更新,表达着“感激”和“正念”一边打上“保佑”“生活真美好”的话题标签。

Maybe you silently see them with a tiny bit of envy, which later gives way to sadness.

或许你静静的看着他们,内心生出过一会儿会让你感伤不已的微小的嫉妒,

"What I wouldn't give to live in South Beach," you think to yourself.

“我还有什么不能放弃的去南部海滩呢,”你自己想着。

"It's cold here. It's really cold right now."

“这里真冷。现在这里实在太冷了。”

Let me warm you.

让我给你一点温暖吧。

A lot of people will tell you they've found the keys to happiness and/or success.

很多人会告诉你他们已经找到通向快乐和,或者成功的钥匙。

And it's really simple, and they give you a list of 10 things you need to do,

而且秘诀真的很简单,他们会给你列出一个10件你必做之事的清单,

and some of them involve going out and buying one of those goddamn 10,000W light boxes that simulate artificial sun,

有些包括出去买那些天杀的10000瓦的灯箱去仿造一个人造太阳,

or drop 4,000mg of fish oil,

或者倒掉4000毫克的鱼油,

or take some Celexa for the rest of your life,

或者下半辈子都吃抗抑郁药,

or shell out $100 a week to confide in a total stranger for 30 minutes.

或者一星期花100刀只为了向一个纯粹的陌生人吐露心声30分钟。

But I know you.

可是我懂你的。

You're depressed.You're sad. You're paralyzed.

你很消沉。你很悲伤。你就是提不劲儿来。

All that is a homework assignment — a daunting recipe for failure — and failure is the last thing your body needs right now.

而这些所有的家庭作业一样的任务——只是令人畏惧的失败的配方罢了——而失败是你的身体现在最不需要的东西。

More unnecessary expectations unmet. You don't want that. And I won't ask you for it.

更多不必要的无法实现的期待。你是不会想要这些东西的。而我也不会向你要求这些东西。

I'm asking you to do one thing. One thing only.

我只请求你做一件事。就一件事。

One thing as often as you can, as much as you can, for as long as you can.

一件你能尽可能多做,尽可能会做,尽可能长时间去做的事。

One thing, one word, one action that could change your life and harness the infinite power that you hold inside.

能够改变你的生活,保护你内心深处的终极力量的一件事,一句话,一个行动。

One thing that could create for you a world which you’ve never dreamed,

一个能够创造出一个你从未想象过的世界的东西,

and will provide the start point for all other endeavors upon which this great life has the potential to carry you toward.

而且能够提供所有引导你走向潜在美好生活所需努力的起点。

I'm asking you to move. And that's it.

我只请求你行动起来。就是这个。

I don't mean move like sell all your belongings and hop into a Hyundai Sonata and drive restart your life halfway across the country.

我不是说像那种卖掉你所有财产然后跳进现代索纳塔横跨全国去半途重新开始的行动起来。

I certainly don't mean that. (I've done that, too.)

我绝对不是那个意思。(虽然我也这么干过)

I mean move. Get up. Go right now, before you can think too hard about it. (Well, finish reading this, first, and then go right now.)

我意思是动起来。站起来,现在就做,在你的大脑又开始过度思考之前。(当然,先读完这篇文章然后再开始行动。)

I want you to go some place. I don't care where.

我希望你去别的地方。我不管你去哪。

Go outside.

出门到户外去。

Mow the lawn. Go for a run. Read by the pool.

修剪草坪。跑跑步。坐在泳池边看看书。

Call a friend. Go for a bike ride.

给朋友打个电话。跨上自行车去骑行一会儿。

Turn the GPS off and go exploring as far as your mind will fathom and as far as time will allow … and then I want you to keep going.

关掉定位系统,去探索你能想到的和时间允许的尽可能远的地方...然后我希望你一直保持下去。

I want you to run farther than you think you're capable of.

我希望你跑到比你认为你能到达的地方更远的地方。

I want you to go to a jazz club alone and just sit there and let the waves of trumpet and bass overwhelm you.

我希望你一个人找个爵士酒吧,就坐在那里,让小号和贝斯的声浪将你淹没。

I want you to want to do this, because this is it.

我希望你愿意去这么做,因为这就是一切。

This is the entirety of our existence and the centerpiece of our lives.

这就是我们存在的全部和生活的核心。

Motion.

行动。

各年级视频辅导入口